Old March 25th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default TR182 cost of ownership - maintenance, etc.

Will you adopt me?

"john szpara" wrote in message
I've decided that a TR182 (turbo, retract) would be a better choice
for me, economically than a T210. It was a tough decision, because I
love 210s, but right now it's the right choice.

I would appreciate any input you have on the TR182. Yearly costs,
major mechanical work, fuel burn and even the performance numbers you
are getting.

My purchase budget is $160,000, cash, and it should include
everything. I'm talking purchase, taxes, annual/prepurchase and a
slush fund for fixing any discrepancies. I hope that will cover any
needed avionics upgrades, as well.

My operating budget is currently $30,000/yr.

Does it look like I can afford this plane?

John Szpara
Private pilot
Fiero Owner 2-84 Indy Pace cars, 86 Coupe, 88 Formula 3.4, 88 Coupe, 88GT