Old November 2nd 08, 05:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
309

Default Daylight Losing Time: GPS Synchronizing VL?

Well, it's time to set clocks back...and I noticed something
interesting today.

My VolksLogger's clock seems to run 15 seconds ahead of other GPS
units...and the US Atomic clock (which appears to be synchronized with
GPS time -- or vice verse -- per the readout from a Garmin GPS90).

I say the VL seems ahead...and this is based on seeing the minute
readout roll over ahead of the other GPS units...since the VL display
doesn't show seconds.

Normally, this isn't a real concern, but I've been using the VL to do
some performance flight testing on a power plane...and I noticed that
the events I recorded didn't match up with the trace on the VL.

Has anybody else seen this type of "synchronization" error?

-Pete