Old July 29th 11, 12:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default The rudder waggle signal does not work

On Jul 27, 9:21*pm, Andreas Maurer wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 03:06:29 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
Radios reliable??? * Funny, my job for today *(I work for avionics
shop) * is to find out what's wrong with 4 glider's radios for a local
club......

Sometimes I wonder why things that work all over the world don't seem
to work in the US... like radios in gliders.

A failed radio is pretty much unknown in the part of the world where I
live. I didn't know that German technology was that far advanced.

On my airfield a radio call stopped a pilot from ruining his day twice
within the last six weeks.
Says a lot about the pilot - but he's the type of guy who would be a
typical candidate to confuse rudder waggle and release unexpectedly.

Cheers
Andreas

Two or more pilots, on working radios talking at the same
time....."stepped on"...will cause nobody to hear
transmission....happens all the time...

I know onw glider port where a particular tow pilot gives a running
play by play of everything that is happening every where around the
field.....he never stops talking....you cannot get in a word
edgewise....

Signal has non of these issues...

Cookie
Cookie