Old May 30th 16, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nicholas Long

Default micro-mesh

On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 8:36:21 AM UTC-7, firsys wrote:
On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 11:27:40 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Has anyone used the micro-mesh kits? My canopy had an unfortunate meeting with the ramp today, and after two hours with Novas #3 it still needs attention. It is an acrylic material, and the scratches are not really deep, but I can fell them with my finger.. I flew it after the incident, and my visibility was okay? Off to look for more booze in this house.
Thank you!
MT

Same topic but a more frequent use: polishing.

40 years ago the go to polish was Mirrorglaze, a mil spec
product.

I bought another bottle a year or two ago and had a bad

I used the Novus plastic polish kit. You can find it on amazon. It works fairly well after sanding with the micromesh kit.

Sanding out scratches is a HUGE undertaking. I litterally spent over 100 hours sanding half a canopy after fixing a crack near the vent window.

A better product than the micromesh was the 3M Trizact sheets that come in super fine grits and last longer than the micromesh paper.

result; if the liquid is left for even a minute or so without polishing it will polymnerise in patches which are very tough and hard to polish out.

Anyone have any comments on this?

eg what is the current goto polish?

cheers

John firth