Old September 15th 17, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default sunlight readable iphone

On 9/14/2017 10:46 PM, jfitch wrote:
snip
When Automatic Brightness is turned On, the Galaxy S8 produces up to a very impressive 1,020 cd/m2 (nits) in High Ambient Light, where high Brightness is really needed – which is the brightest Smartphone display that we have ever measured"

I guess you're talking specifically about smart phones, because my
ClearNav II is (subjectively) many times brighter than my Dell Streak 5
which itself is brighter than any smart phone I've seen to date.Â*
Admittedly I have neither seen them all nor tested any objectively.

That said, why worry about battery life when it's so simple to take a
USB panel mount cable, cut off the computer end, and make it into a
power jack for your phone (red and black wires connected to your DC
bus)?Â* Or simply purchase a portable 5v lithium battery
https://www.amazon.com/10000mAh-Battery-Portable-Charger-Samsung/dp/B01N0NMWBK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1505489266&sr=8-3&keywords=5v+battery+pack+usb
which will fit easily in the side pocket.
--
Dan, 5J