Old July 27th 03, 12:03 PM
Martin Hotze

On 26 Jul 2003 19:37:13 -0500, Steve House wrote:

you can't trim the quoted test, can you?

You seem to be more concerned about cost to the ISP than cost to the
consumer.

As I am a (very small) ISP I do care, yes.

The ISP promises unlimited access for a fixed fee - kewl, let's
do it! If you can't deliver it, don't advertise it. Consumers who USE the
bandwidth advertised are a PITA I guess, especially those that actually
expect that when they pay for something promised it's cheerfully delivered?
LOL

Cancelling a contract is gladly not only a one way possibility.

Frankly I don't CARE what the cost to the ISP is.

The industriy for sure needs more guys like you.

If they can't make a
profit charging me what they do, that's their problem, not mine.

true

All I care
about is that they provide the service they promised when I pay their bill,
24/7 - it's up to them to figure out how. MY marginal cost to DL a file,
regardless of size, is zero. I'm paying for the connection to the network,
not the data passing over it.

I do care that my ISP also survives the next month.

Let's see if I understand your message here - if it comes from or has
anything to do with or even tangentially touches MS it's evil, wrong
thinking, subversive perhaps? "Real" computer people won't touch it? Ahhh,
of course...

No, you have to deal with M$. You can earn your money supporting M$.
Haven't made a buck up til today with supporting Apple.

Life is evolving and evolution is the definition of life.

Evolution? But the bible ...

:-)

#m

--
http://www.usawatch.org/ http://www.alternet.org/

24 "Deceptions" In 704 words: Bush's 2003 SOTU
http://www.buzzflash.com/contributor...7/22_sotu.html