Old June 1st 04, 04:10 AM
ArtKramr

Subject: General Zinni on Sixty Minutes
From: Mike Dargan
Date: 5/31/04 7:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time

ArtKramr wrote:
From: "Vaughn"

Date: 5/31/04 6:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Vaughn" wrote in message

This from the guy who thinks we went to Iraq to fight terrorists?

Informed people understand we're fighting terrorists in Iraq.

I will concede that we may actually be fighting a few terrorists in

Iraq
now, but they are likely foreign "true believers" who have gravitated to

Iraq
because our guys are there (and have perhaps by now managed some local
recruiting). There was very little documented international terrorism
activity
in Iraq before we invaded, certainly less than in certain other Arab
countries.
Don't forget; Iraq was a comparatively secular society. We have now thrown
open
the gates for the religious crazies to come in to Iraq and do their work.

I still haven't figured out what Iraq is all about, but it wasn't 9-11
and
it has little or nothing to do with terrorism. Perhaps it was supposed to
have
something to do with assuring Bush's second term (thus "mission
accomplished"),
but today it seems more likely to have the opposite effect.

Vaughn

Lrt's review the bidding. All the 9/11 terrorists were Saudis.

Weren't a couple either Egyptians or Palestinians?

So we invaded
Iraq.

Don't forget all the old ladies who had to be fondled in airports.

Makes sense to me. (sheesh)

Me too. If the shrub had been President in December of 1941, we'd have
conquered Mexico City by June of '42.

Cheers

--mike

And lost the Hispanic vote? Never!