Old February 3rd 07, 10:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Default Need help with a rocket motor ID - no more calls, we have our winner.

William R Thompson wrote:
"Dave Kearton" wrote:

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts - except for the retard on
sci.space.history who told me to do my own research. I think my
way was a lot more educational.

I'm guessing that you were answered by Oswald Mosley, a man
with nothing to say and no trouble proving it.

I think you've scored a direct hit with this one. Why anybody would
select the identity of a Facist as his screen presence escapes me...

"OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you need [

the AQM-37 can do up to Mach 3 or 4, depending on the version.
It's a target drone, and the article in your pictures is probably the
sustainer engine (the bigger thrust chamber must give it the initial
boost up to speed, but it would burn a lot of fuel). Propellants are
identified as liquid oxygen and kerosene. At least five thousand of
these drones have been manufactured since 1959. Even allowing
for the number that must have splashed into the oceans, it seems
likely that one of them could have landed in the Skylab Parking Lot.

--Bill Thompson

Unfortunately, the motor is still in the US. The current 'owner' is
quite happy with his purchase, and is fairly sure that it's legal - but
until he's totally sure, he wants to keep quiet about it.

Through the wonders of the Internet, we could assemble a quick think-tank
to sort it out. There has to be something to counterbalance the porn
and get rich quick schemes.

Once again, thanks to (almost) all who put their oar in.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton