Old April 6th 16, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hartley Falbaum[_2_]

Default Aerotow towrope instructions

On Monday, April 4, 2016 at 6:17:41 PM UTC-4, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to find a good online resource with instructions for assembling
a glider aerotow towrope. I can't seem to find anything. I suspect that
every soaring club has a document explaining how they make their towropes..
I'd love to have links to a few on my web site.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Slightly off the main topic--has anyone heard of a Tost ring failure? I can't find specs on the Tost site for rejection/replacement of the ring. Rough calculation says the small ring is 7 times stronger than the 5/16 poly rope. I doubt the rings are notch sensitive. So-what criteria do you use for relaxing them? Thanks