Old September 23rd 05, 05:30 PM
Simon Robbins

"boB" wrote in message
Saltine crackers!! grip the cyclic grip with 2 fingers having a saltine
cracker under both fingers. It will break that death grip problem.

Not sure I understand what you're suggesting their boB.
I'm usually really good at just controlling it with a finger and thumb as I
find the grip too small and I don't want to accidentally hit the radio
trigger. But in the hover I seem to tense up. I can do it, but it takes a
good 15 minutes each day before I relax at it.

An IP should recognize when a student has gone into overload and should
taper off into some review work for a short while. That your IP is
feeling good about your progress and ability to learn says good things
about your flying.

Heh.. yeah. Until I think I nearly killed us yesterday.. He didn't say
anything, but I'm sure he broke a sweat. I got tensed up (physically and
mentally) hovering nose in and circling around a box area. Anticipating the
wind grabbing the tail and yawing the nose left I braced as I went round the
corner. The wind caught it and what did I do? Slammed the wrong damn
pedal. I swear we did about 2 whole pirouettes before the instructor had
stopped it! Oh, and then I got in to ground resonance after a slightly hard
landing (not that hard according to the instructor, we suspect one of the
skid shocks might be shot.) Anyway, I lost a lot of confidence yesterday.
Or rather, I didn't loose the confidence, it just woke me because I was
getting complacent. I think my initial simulator and r/c head-start has
expired, and I need to redouble my efforts to concentrate! (I'll post a
full report on yesterday's flight once I've remembered it all...)

Si