Old November 11th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation

Default Any W&B calculators that work in 640x480 on HP4700 PDA?

In rec.aviation.owning Tim Ward wrote:
"Jose" wrote in message
t...

If it can run excel, you can dummy one up pretty quickly.

(etc etc)

I'm missing something here. Unless I've completely misunderstood the
context, W&B for a light single is a couple of minutes with pencil and
paper. What's the need for computer gadgets?

Well, no one NEEDS a powered lawn mower either.

It is a matter of convience.

A decent utility is usually faster than pencil and paper and less error
prone.

A graphical display give you a better feel for where you are in the
envelope.

Ones like copilot that are integrated in the planning will show you
your WB on the ramp, TO, and landing automatically, which is a big
plus for some aircraft.

The speed of doing the calculations makes it easier to shuffle people,
baggage, and fuel to get within the envelope.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.