Old November 11th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation
John R. Copeland

Default Any W&B calculators that work in 640x480 on HP4700 PDA?

"Tim Ward" wrote in message ...
"Jose" wrote in message
t...

If it can run excel, you can dummy one up pretty quickly.

(etc etc)

I'm missing something here. Unless I've completely misunderstood the
context, W&B for a light single is a couple of minutes with pencil and
paper. What's the need for computer gadgets?
--
Tim Ward

Peter, the original poster, didn't specify a light single.
I don't know about Peter, but I fly a light twin, with five fuel tanks,
four baggage locations, and three rows of seats.
I use my own, purpose-written Excel spreadsheet in my PDA,
for both weight AND balance, on virtually every flight,
except for occasional flights without baggage or passengers.
With the spreadsheet, I juggle baggage locations for balance,
and I adjust fuel load to stay within max-gross weight limits.
For me, it saves much more than "a couple of minutes with pencil...".