Old June 27th 13, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig R.

Default Sailplane Tracker oddness/bug (15-m and Open Nats)

In the development community, IE is not liked. In a seminar on developing

javascript, I was told "IE is your enemy". Things that work everywhere else

won't work on IE. Things that work on IE won't work anywhere else.

Matt (who tests web software for a living)

Matt, I appreciate the difficulty in dealing with IE (I'm NOT a fan of MS products). However, when providing a service or product, you cater to your primary and secondary customer first. Whatever it takes. After that is accomplished, you expand further. Stats show desktop comp browser market share at 56% and Firefox at 22%. Mobile devices are 56% Safari. Chrome is down the list. You certainly should have IE and Safari covered before moving on. It is inappropriate for management to do otherwise.

Craig R