Old June 4th 04, 11:42 PM
gatt

"Skysurfer" wrote in message \

The truth is that France enjoyed minor economic ties with Saddam.

Check out the Alcatel contract to rebuild the telecom grid in Baghdad before
Hussein was knocked over. More than minor economic ties.

" Alcatel is French. We don't blame all French companies for the French
government's recalcitrance in making Saddam live up to his UN obligations,
or France's continuing opposition to constructive participation in
reconstruction, but we will point out that Alcatel itself is partially
government owned.

The point is that countries and companies that helped Saddam stay in power,
and countries and companies that made a profit from the Ba'athist regime on
the backs of the Iraqi people should not have the inside track on
reconstruction contracts. "
http://www.iraq.net/News-article-sid...de-thread.html
http://www.middle-east.alcatel.com/m...cm648874.jhtml
-c