Old February 10th 18, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default New Glider Dream Elon Musk Flow

Why has that technology not been used in other gliders?

On Friday, February 9, 2018 at 5:57:15 PM UTC-8, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On Friday, February 9, 2018 at 1:31:46 PM UTC-5, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:

We have seen the New Ventus, the JS-3 (very innovative), Dianna 3. So far the South Africans have shown the most original thought.

I think, the most original thought was Diana 2 sparless wing, that allowed the highest wing loading range of any sailplane.