Old February 5th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace
Darrel Toepfer

Default 1st Flight to Air-Venture

"E-100" wrote:

After 30 plus years of flying its time to go to OSH for the big show!
Its taken 15 of those years to convence my wife that she just might
have a great time camping for that whole week with the airplane and a
tent. We plan to remove the rear seats before we depart for an extra
sleeping area in case it rains and all is wet. Other then a legal
paper saying we will be home in 8 days what all should we bring?

Lots of grocery items can be purchased from stores in the vacinity.
Anything out of the ordinary should be brought along (medications,
special needs, etc.). Do you plan of eating out or cooking your own
meals?

Do they sell 100LL there too?

Yes

Any showers?

Yes, lines are shorter if take a bath during the day...

Just too many questions to be asked. Cessna 172H Owner and I want to
keep it that way!

Thanks
A & K

Make sure you download the NOTAM before flying the

http://www.airventure.org

rec.aviation.homebuilt is a much better source of info from
former/future attendants...

If my Pacer is finished, I want to make my first pilgrimage as well...

You just missed the mass attendance of the C172 owners. Check with the
type clubs about flying in with the flock:

http://www.cessna.org Cessna Pilots Association

Of course being a member has its priviledges:
http://www.eaa.org