Old June 19th 12, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Kunz[_2_]

Default Free spreadsheet for badge/record evaluation

Judy, very nice. I tried it on the MacOS version of Excel and it seems to work but I have not fully tested it yet.

Kind of sad the the rules have evolved to the point we need a quad-core i7 processor to figure this stuff out.

-karl

On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:28:48 AM UTC-7, Judy Ruprecht wrote:
Looking for a hassle-free way to evaluate FAI badge and record claims? Try
Claim Check. It "knows" Sporting Code rules, so the user needn't tweak
myriad settings or edit the task to deal with instances when a declared
Start or Finish Point was skipped, a Turn Point was used out of declared
order or Loss of Height is an issue. (It also prompts for calibration data
when altitude gain or Loss of Height is a close call...)

As with graphic software, a separate evaluation is needed for each Free
record claim, based either on user-entered Way Point coordinates or on a
data file “optimized” and then saved using See You©.

Information, sample results & downloads available at
http://www.badgeflight.com

• Excel for Windows must be installed on the host computer. Ideally, that
computer has a quad-core i7 processor; at a minimum, it must have at least
2GB of ram and dual-core 1.8 GHz processors.

• In order to save electronic copies of evaluation results, Adobe reader
and a printer must both be installed on the host computer. (The printer
itself need not be connected)

NOTE: Compatibility has not been tested using (1) pre-2003 versions of
Excel for Windows; or (2) a Mac OS using the Boot Camp utility, Parallels
or similar means to run Excel for Windows.

Feedback appreciated!

Judy