Old September 1st 04, 01:42 AM
Leon McAtee

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote in message ...
In article , Richard Riley says...

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:24:07 -0400, "log" wrote:

:has the shortage been solved?? I need .090 sheet in 4130!!!
:

I talked to ACS at Oshkosh, they said that they were getting
shippments from a new supplier, and going through the back orders.
Sure enough, last week 2 sq ft. of .100 that had been back ordered
since April showed up. So if it's not solved completely, it's getting
better.

The last batch I got had no Mil stamp, ASTM, or other recoganisable
spec. All it had was "4130". Looks and feels "strange". I assume it
to be 4130A, of some sort, but until I know more about it there will
be no plane parts made from it. AS+S says they will sub 4130A but my
E-mail as to exactly what they shipped fell on deaf ears...........

Know what your buying before you pay. The cost per ft. sq. was very
good - if it is in fact usable.

Our supplier tells me that the thicker sizes are starting to show up and the
thinner sizes .040" will be coming along shortly.

Chuck S

Leon McAtee