Old December 13th 03, 10:41 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: Enola Gay: Burnt flesh and other magnificent technological
achievements
From: "Mark Jones"
Date: 12/13/03 2:20 PM Pacific Standard Time

"Peter Aitken" wrote in message
r.com...
1) We could have dropped the bomb in a lightly populated area to show the
Japanese that we had it and hopefully scared them into surrender. Note

that
Hiroshima and a couple of other cities were spared conventional bombing so
the effects of the A-bomb could be studied - rather cold blooded don't you
think?

Not even slightly. Truman did the right thing.

And if the Japanese ( or the Germans) rise again as a cruel and hostile
aggressor nations we will be back. And this time no more Mr. Nice Guy.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer