Old May 1st 13, 05:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Experience with StarkPower LIFEPo4 Batteries?

On 4/30/2013 9:40 AM, son_of_flubber wrote:
In the era of same-branded batteries sourced in batches from the
lowest bidder in different countries, is it still valid to trust a
battery based on the reputation of a long-standing brand name? I
think not.

I think Sony or Panasonic, for example, have a big incentive to ensure
the batteries that carry their name will not harm their reputation. They
also have the resources to recall and replace defective products. Not so
likely for small, newly created companies.

Reputation and history aren't perfect markers for quality, but what else
do we have to go on? Well, there are the data sheets I can get from the
big companies, but not from the new little ones.

email me)