Old November 8th 16, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Szczepaniak

Default FLARM vs ADS-B XCSoar

On 11/8/2016 4:14 PM, John Smith wrote:
On Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at 12:08:25 PM UTC-8, Luke Szczepaniak wrote:
On 11/8/2016 1:39 PM, John Smith wrote:
I'm a newer pilot, recently solo. I purchased a Russian AC-4C with TRIG transponder already installed.

I know I can purchase a Power FLARM for around $1,500 and have it display FLARM and ADS-B traffic on my Tablet with XCSoar.

Is there a way to have the ADS-B and other traffic appear on the XCSoar display?

John

Hi John, If you send the data stream from the flarm to your device
running XCSoar it will display FLARM and ADS-B traffic on the moving map
or on the radar screen.

Luke

Luke,

Thanks, but I don't have a FLARM and just wanted to display any traffic from the Transponder.

I could drop $1500 on a Flarm but the ADS-B seems to be the future.

I believe there were some people working with RPi and ADS-B receivers so
in theory it is possible as long as you don't mind tinkering. There is
no out of box solution. The best place to ask would be on the xcsoar
forums. https://forum.xcsoar.org/

Luke