Old August 11th 04, 06:19 PM
Dan Luke

"Ace Pilot" wrote:
Is that a displace threshold at MOB or something else?

Mmmm, I think it's something else: an abandoned bit of the old runway, not
available for landing or taxiing.

what pavement markings you'd expect to see.

Besides threshold markings...weeds? Can't remember - I'll have to fly over
and do a t-&-g to see. A similar abandoned bit of rwy 36 at BFM has an X on
it, but doesn't show on the plate at all:

http://www.naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0406/00268AD.PDF

Oh, yeah. Turn Dr. D in.

I have seen the physical evidence of the metal- and plastic-bending
incidents. Everything else comes from multiple credible eye witnesses. On
this basis would you run to the FAA? By the way, how do we know that
someone hasn't *already* done so?
--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM