Old November 28th 04, 11:28 AM
PJ Hunt

"Cub Driver" wrote in message

but it seems to me that if
I am going to swerve on takeoff, it is always to the left, and if I am
going to swerve on landing, it is always to the right.

That makes since Dan since as you add power for take off, you create 3
factors trying to make your plane go to the left.

1) Torque
2) Corkscrew slipstream
3) Gyroscopic effect when you lift the tail.

All of these cause you to add just a little more right pedal (unless you
already have too much) to keep it straight down the centerline and not to
the left.

As you're landing, you're reducing power and speed which in turn reduces
each one of the above effects causing you to use less right pedal, or
perhaps even a little left pedal to keep it straight or from going to the
right.

PJ

Here's to the duck who swam a lake and never lost a feather,
May sometime another year, we all be back together.
JJW