Old August 31st 03, 11:32 PM
Stan Gosnell

wrote in
:
So how can I find out the name of the insurance company? Does the
NTSB keep those records?

Not that I know of. The owner would certainly know, but not many other
people. The lien-holder, if any, should know. If the owner won't tell
you, I don't have any other ideas.

I don't think that the crash was all that bad.

As such, I think there are a bunch of parts that are usable.

Doesn't really matter. If there was a sudden stoppage, every rotating part
should at least be inspected by a competent A&P with IA, if not the
manufacturer, before use on another aircraft. Not doing so is stupid on
your own aircraft, & criminal on any other. If you do get the wreckage,
budget a fair amount of money for inspections on all the parts, at the very
least.

--
Regards,

Stan