Old May 12th 05, 03:14 PM
gregscheetah

Why are you trying to get out of filing an alternate? Is there some
reason that this is difficult to do for you?

I would suggest that you always file an alternate and forget about
having to memorize when, where, why and how. Much easier and
eventually may save you some confusing during a time of quick decision
making.

Greg

Roy Smith wrote:

So, it seems like I could file "HPN -D- BDR D/010 -D- BOS",
i.e. "White Plains, direct Bridgeport, ten minute delay (not sure if

got the flight plan symbol right for that), direct Boston" and as

long
as BDR doesn't doesn't require an alternate, I don't have to file one
for the BOS leg either, since BDR is my "first airport of intended
landing".