Old February 4th 07, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave[_3_]

Default Knots 2U gap seals

Hi Jay!

Yeh, I asked him about that... (how long they would last)

Two possibilities..

Kept outside? probably 10 years...

Hangared, ? - " how old are you?" "..59 ". - he said "I should
not worry about it"...

He sells enough (replacement) tape for the 3 surfaces for 60 bucks...

The tape is almost invisible.. NOBODY notices it until I point it out
to them.

And that is on new pure white Imron...... On dark colours, it's
gone...

Seriously tho.... a local 140 here has the K2U seals. They work fine.
They took off and climbed..and the ailerons "froze". He was afraid
to try breaking them free in case they stuck again at some position
other than neutral. He "ruddered" it back to a safe landing, winds
were calm.

If it had been X-wind or gusty? He said the did not want to think
about that...

Dave

- On 3 Feb 2007 19:54:19 -0800, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Mattisons' Gap seals do the same, fraction of the price, and don't
freeze.

That's a good option. Art Mattson's gap seals are just plain-old 3M
tape, and (from what I've heard) they work great.

And, when they eventually wear out and you have to reinstall them, you
just buy another roll of tape. (Really!)