Old June 29th 08, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default Cobra Trailer Top Adjustment Advice Needed

Can anyone recommend a simple, effective method for removing outward
horizontal bulges in the top rail of Cobra trailers?

I have a 1983 Cobra with an aluminum top, which has its lift struts on
the outside. Over the years an outward horizontal bulge has developed
at each lift strut attach point on the top rail, and it has become a
challenge to close the top the last few inches.

Simple sideways pushing accomplishes nothing. I’ve thought of putting
a 2x4 on the side and hitting on the wood with a sledgehammer, but
this wouldn’t get the force at the bend point. I’ve also thought about
using a come-along between the two lift strut arms where they attach,
but haven’t come up with a way to attach the cables without damage.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions…

-John