Old February 3rd 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
A Lieberma[_2_]

Default Slow flight and Slips to Landing - Video

On Feb 3, 1:24*pm, B A R R Y wrote:

Sometimes, the MAP can be a relatively short shot to the threshold.
Having to drop, maintain or lose speed, and land, makes a slip the right
maneuver. *High and fast is no way to approach a wet runway.

While my non precision approaches are always circle to land, wouldn't
dive and drive work more effectively even for straight in LOC
approaches? I descend700 feet per minute and "drive it" to the MAP.

1 mile viz is more then adequate to work the pattern without losing
sight of the airport at 500 AGL. Never had the need to slip (at least
at my own airport) since I am at MDA well before MAP.