Old April 5th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mark T. Dame

Default Almost got My Ticket Yesterday

wrote:

I haven't slipped an
airplane, except during the flare in landing in a crosswind of course,
in a decade or more, since needing to slip (IMHO) means poor planning
earlier in the approach.

Many people prefer to use a forward slip in a crosswind situation
instead of a crab since it is easier to land in that configuration (i.e.
you don't have to switch from a crab to a forward slip at the last
minute). I don't do it that way, but know plenty who do.

-m
--
## Mark T. Dame
## VP, Product Development