Old May 23rd 21, 12:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phoenix

Default replacement instruments

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 12:38:04 AM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:
So, what software and hardware version is the L-Nav? Does the GPS Nav know what year it is? One man's trash is another's treasure...
And, I can help you increase your budget slightly for a new instrument.

Steve Leonard

Hi Steve,

When I bought the glider the L-Nav GPSnav was installed. I couldn't get it to work. I took them out of the panel yesterday and removed all wiring and cables. Some of which were threaded thru the channel under the seat pan as the GPS flight recorder was located on the shelf on top of the spars. There were cables running from the recorder up to the panel that weren't connected which explains why the thing didn't work. The guy I bought the ship from used a PDA running StrePla so he didn't figure out the problem.
Bottom line is I can't honestly tell you if the system works or not.