Old May 28th 21, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default LX90xx fln or flx file install for Flarm Contest ID?

I don't expect the Flarm portable display to show contest ID, but I find
it odd that I see some contest IDs and not others.Â* I've uploaded the
appropriate files for the ClearNav and for the Flarmview.Â* The only
thing left that I can think of is the Flarm portable.

Dan
5J

On 5/27/21 10:24 PM, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 7:35:23 PM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
Today I updated my ClearNav II and my FlarmView display and still did
not see my friend's contest number, only his ICAO ID. Someone told me
that I also have to load the flarmnet file into my PowerFlarm portable.
I tried that today and the device didn't like the SD card. So now I'm
trying to duplicate the factory card for the PowerFlarm portable.
Anybody out there got a hint?

Dan,

As far as I know the FLARMNET file does nothing inside a Flarm transceiver
device like a core, fusion, mouse, etc.

The file is only installed in a device that can display FLARM info.
I did recently download the latest FlarmNet file only to find it was
empty (0kb). Downloaded again and it was good.

But what about a FLARM Portable where it is both a FLARM transceiver
device *AND* a FLARM display device? I owned one once but don't
remember about this nuance.

Good Luck, John (OHM)