Old January 6th 09, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.aerobatics

Default Older Decathlon - airframe abuse?

Me and couple buddies are considering buying a early 80's model 8KCAB
but I am a little worried about doing sportsman level aerobatics in a
plane that old. Not having owned a plane before I was wondering if
anyone on the group have experience with older decathlons and how they
hold up to that type of abuse. Someone mentioned to me it wasn't a
great idea because airframe fatigue. The last thing I want is for
something major to go 'snap' while I'm at the bottom of the box and
have no hope of surviving.

Thanks.