Old January 11th 04, 03:20 AM
robert arndt

Alan Minyard wrote in message . ..
On 6 Jan 2004 18:19:15 -0800, (robert arndt) wrote:

"Ian" wrote in message ...
robert arndt" wrote in message
om...
"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message

"Chandresh Prakash" wrote in message
om...
Hi,
Is there an aeroplane that can stand still in mid-air ?

Harrier/AV8

I used to think that SU - 30 could do it. Is that true ?

No

Keith

As usual, Keith tries to speak as an authority and is dead wrong as
usual. I have a demonstrator video of a Su-35 stopped in mid-air
(briefly) during a difficult manouver and there are plenty of others
who have seen the Su-37 do it too.

Rob

pendent mode
Keith was probably right - the original question was SU-30 related, and
you've proved him wrong quoting the SU-35 and Su-37????

/pendent mode

Hey moron, use your brain. Look at the title of the thread and first
sentence of the original poster's question!
Keith isn't saying that the Su-30 can't stop in midair, he's saying no
non-VSTOL/VTOL aircraft can stop in midair. Read his reply for
confirmation.
Yet amazingly both the Su-35 and Su-37 have DEMONSTRATED a dead stop
(no forward airspeed at all) in midair during highly complex manouvers
that only their aircraft can perform.
The F/A-18 might have a brief pause trying to emulate that manouver,
but it cannot dead stop like the Su-35 and TVC Su-37.
You want me to mail you the video?

Rob

Neither the Su-35 or the SU-37 can "stop" while airborne. Get that through
your thick skull.

Al Minyard

Well I have a Su-35 holding still for almost 20 seconds in midair.
Indicated airspeed at ZERO before tail finally drops and Su-35 pitches
forward and resumes aerobatic display for crowd. Absolutely stunning.
You're just ****ed because no other operational non VTOL/VSTOL can do
this.

Rob