Old December 6th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
fudog50

Default NavAir CWO graduates first class

Aviators also do dissassociated tours in OPS on CVN's and then theres
the TACRON thing on the Gators too.The other hat they wear is DIVO in
V1 or V3. That is the hardest part, being a DIVO for the 75-100 18-19
year olds, and actually having to lead people!

But my understanding for this flying CWO thing is that the "concept"
is for them to fly only and free up the URL's for really being Naval
Officers (as DIVO's and the like,,,leading people imagine that!)

Its a great idea from that standpoint, it is a bad idea in many
others.

For one reason, (and there are many, too many to sit and type for a
week), is that now you have a CWO that has never been a Chief, young
24-27 year old young man with no experience in leadership or flying
sitting next to the seasoned 18-30 year service initiated CWO in the
Wardroom. Completely 180 degrees out from the reason the Navy has
CWO's!

I can't believe that now there will be doubt about any individual that
is wearing the CWO bars if they were ever a Chief! This is ludicrous!

This is completely degrading and smells like the Army, it doesn't do
the Navy CWO or any community any favors, in other words the pitfalls
far outweigh the benifits. We have discussed this at length in the
wardroom (URLS, SWO's, LDO's, CWO's, Aviators, Nukes, etc) till we are
blue in the face and the landslide consensus is this is a bad idea.

Hopefully this turns out to be just another "experiment".

On 5 Dec 2006 17:57:51 -0800, "Mike Weeks" wrote:

Thanks. Now I understand why the question was asked. g