Old February 10th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student
Sam Spade

Default If user fees go into effect I'm done

Roy Smith wrote:
scott moore wrote:

For the most part, I agree.

About the only function of FSS that I use on a regular basis is flight
watch. I don't see any way to automate that. But, it certainly could be
centralized. I'm already talking to a person 100s of miles away; what
difference does it make where he's sitting? And what difference does it
make if he's sitting at a radio console in a building that says "FSS" on
the door or one that says "ATC" on the door?

The airlines don't use flight watch, nor do the high-end biz jet
operators. So, if the airlines gain control of the system, flight watch
will be really expensive for light aircraft drivers.