Old August 20th 08, 07:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lee[_2_]

Default Newsgroups and AT&T

"Ron Monroe" wrote in
m:

I know, I use Earthlink. But, $40 for 1.5 mbps is a bit much, compared
to AT&T at $25. I can get twice the speed, and still pay less than I
do at Earthlink. Right now, the only advantage of Earthlink, that I
can think of, IS the newsgroups. I know, we aren't talking big money
here, but I think I can do better. Thanks to everyone for their
suggestions. I will have to check into those options once I switch
over. Ron

Ron, one other thing to know and consider. ATT does not promote, and will
barely discuss what I've done...

Ask them about a "dry loop." You can get more bang for the buck for less
money (the region I'm in, the cost is much less). For those who read this
and want to change to a dry loop, let me know... I have some advice that
needs not be addressed here until you get serious about it.

I didn't know what it was until I pressed them on it. Some of the folks
herein may already know all about it. Basically, it is a single dedicated
line that will not support any "land line" phone access. That's good for
me. I don't need a house phone... I don't need the TV access they offer in
their packages... I have a cell phone with a different outfit. Don't need
any of that add-on crap.

Mr. Nice Guy,
Lee