Old April 16th 19, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default Jonker JS-3 in Sagebrush

Thanks for that detail, Steve.
What happened seems to me typical of a safety device causing problems that we frequently see these days. For example, banging your head more often while wearing a hard hat (safety helmet), since it limits peripheral vision while making you taller.
I once aborted an ASH26E takeoff because it wasn't climbing.
Looking at the wing showed some orange things.
"Hmmm, what idiot left them open? Not much runway left, think I'll stop."
JJ, doing an engine run-up requires wheel brake, back stick and throttle, three hands? Perhaps this is one reason for the detents.
Jim