Old May 5th 05, 05:30 PM
H.P.

You WILL be stigmatized; it happened to me. The guy that I liked (CFI #3)
begged out with an unconvincing excuse and passed me off to a real blockhead
newbie CFI, just to do him a favor to build his student roster and hours.
The pass-off, of course, included comments on my progress and abilities and
I later heard they were neither positive nor accurate.

Then I got smart and tried out instructors at different schools in the area
and out of state when I went on vacation. I learned more from the other guys
in one lesson than I did with the blockhead newbie in ten. It finally
convinced me to change schools.

"GEG" wrote in message
Thanks, H.P.
I'm not looking at changing - just trying. But you never know . . .

In reality, I am concerned about the stigma that would come with
trying another CFI, especially at the same school and location.
I like my instructor, but would like sense if there is better for 'me'
(not in general). But alos just to try another instructor.

I feel it might also press me a bit because I have to be "on the ball"
when the other "one timer" asks me the questions on the aircraft
and I have to be prepared.

Thanks for the reply!

Gary