Old April 4th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
LWG

Default Who pays follow-up

I haven't in the past. The argument against is that most belts fail because
of heat and age. A tie-wrapped belt will be the same age and exposed to the
same heat, maybe more.

Having just replaced the belt with my mechanic, pulling the prop is no big
deal. I do carry a spare belt in the back, and if I needed to, I would do
the swap, use the smaller safety wire and get back to have it done in a way
that could be logged. Just know the torque specs for the bolts, they're
rather low considering the job they're asked to do.

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
et...
David Lesher wrote:

Sounds more sensible than pulling a prop....

When you guys do pull the prop to change a belt, do you ty-wrap a spare
belt to the engine, just in case?