Old April 5th 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Private

Default Who pays follow-up

"David Lesher" wrote in message

Valve train controlled by the
FADEC-type system. So step on gas, starter spins a zero-compression
engine, then valves close, fuel's injected; alleged 0.5 sec restart
time at stoplight.

Obvious, but never occurred to me. Thanks for information.

Taking the camshaft out of our IC engines is going to provide significant
performance improvement and additional capabilities. The Audi V12 racing
engine is diesel fueled with full electronic control of valves and
injectors. Common rail injection using VERY high fuel pressure. There may
be more use of 2 stroke?