Old May 30th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Mike Isaksen

Default tube and fabric and outdoor storage

"Lou" wrote ...
I found a small grass strip by me that will let me build
a solid hanger but charge me $50 a month to rent the ground.

Devil in the details:
Who pays the property taxes on it?
Who owns it if you move next year?
Who owns it after it is fully paid off?

Most of these "deals" involve you building it, the land owner takes claim
and pays taxes as part of airport improvement, you get a "good but seldom
great" long term lease.

And to the guy with access to a $500 per month hanger; they are $700-800
monthly for a T-hanger with concrete floor and a single 15amp circuit in the
Greater NYC area. That's a great paint job every year.