Old May 30th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default tube and fabric and outdoor storage

"Frank Stutzman" wrote in message
Jerry Springer wrote:

I'd be careful with these "Dri-Z-Air" things around a plane.

I had one in my shop, sitting on top of my table saw. It was have full
when I bumped it, spilling maybe a quarter cup. I was in a rush so I
didn't clean it up right away. The NEXT day I had a really nasty patch
of corrosion on the saw where the spill was.

Now obviously a cast iron table saw has different metallurgy than a tube
& fabric plane. But my point is that the liquid these things generate
is not just simple water. Whatever it is, its pretty reactive and not
something I would want around metal that my life depends on.

Calcium Chloride

It may make an impressive looking bucket of liquid, but unless you have it
in a tightly sealed space, it won't do much to reduce the humidity.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com