Old July 25th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Default The Last Airplane

RST Engineering wrote:

I did a search on Chuck-Bird, which morphed into Chuckbird which morphed
into Texas Parasol, and I stopped searching at that point.

Seems that somebody took liberties with the design of Chuckbird and was
selling plans for either it or the Parasol that had been compromised in some
manner. You wrote several (dozen) paragraphs in a lot of libraries on the
deficiencies that you and/or others found.

However, somewhere there has to be a repository of "real" plans for a
aircraft as compelling as the Chuckbird, but I'll be damned if I can find
it.

Pointer, please?

Jim

Chuck Bird and Texas Parasol are one and the same, Jim.

I drew up the plans, took all the photos, and wrote the book.

We (Chuck, Doc, and I) were trying to make plans and kits for it.

We had some limited sucess, but it all came apart a result of Chuck
selling "his" stuff and pocketing the proceeds.

There was a lot of talk here about so-called deficiencies.
Lots of spiteful gloom and doom talk.

And simple solution offered for those who just have to meddle.
(2-1/4" front spar tube)

But no, it's just easier (and a lot more fun) to bash, isn't it.

We have never had a structural problem with any properly built and flown
airplane.

Which continually disappoints a bunch of people.

Too bad.

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)