Old July 25th 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default The Last Airplane

On Jul 25, 12:12 pm, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

However, somewhere there has to be a repository of "real" plans for a
aircraft as compelling as the Chuckbird, but I'll be damned if I can find
it.

Pointer, please?

After discovering the extent of the errors in the 'Texas Parasol'
drawings I took the liberty of re-drafting the whole thing in
DeltaCAD. But because of the apparent conflicts between the designer
and the fellow who sez he is, I haven't made the drawings public.

I also designed a kinda 'junk-yard' wing using plywood spars. Hell
for stout and much heavier than the alum-tube/spar wing of the
original but durt cheap. I'd hoped that posting the original msg
would stimulate interest, since this is a design amenable to virtually
any form of construction, from welded tube to composites.. I even did
the numbers using fence rail as the struts and got nearly 2x the
required strength at a gross of 700 lb.

Figure out some way to use DF bannister rails as the spars, golf-cart
wheels as your LG and so forth, you're looking at a ready-to-fly
airframe for under $1000. But not a very good flyer, unfortunately.
Stock displaecment engine, the thing won't be able to get out of its
own way. Which isn't to say it won't give you a nice ride; just not
very exciting, with cruise, TO, stall and top-speed clumped on top of
each other :-)

-Bob