Old February 16th 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Terence Wilson

Default Garmin 430 rquestion- does the approach always have to be activated via "activate approach"?

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 18:49:42 +0100, Thomas Borchert
wrote:

Terence,

It sounds like the only
purpose of activation is to set the IAF as the active waypoint.

Hmm. You have me very confused now. What's wrong with the IAF, if
that's where the full approach starts (you mentioned no RV)?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Well suppose I am enroute and approaching the SGD VOR. At this point I
am getting close to my destination and want to setup the KCCR VOR
approach which starts at the CCR IAF. If I load and activate the
approach a megenta line will immediately be drawn from my present
position to CCR. Want I want is the route SGD, CCR ... KCCR.