Old July 31st 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
bdl

Default IFR to Oshkosh without an IFR reservation

On Jul 26, 9:49*am, bdl wrote:

I'm coming froming from a slightly different direction, but my
thoughts were to file to JVL and then cancel and scoot on the rest of
the way VFR. *Or Heck, maybe I'll file to KUNU (34nm) and just cancel
in the air prior to landing.

Here's a followup. I did file to KUNU and just north of Janesville,
Madison approach basically put me on a vector for RIPON. Even let me
stay IFR till about 15 miles out.

As an aside, there seemed to be a lot of airplanes asking for flight
following despite the NOTAM restriction.