Old February 5th 04, 10:17 AM
Krztalizer

Default Gorgeous Invader rumbling into Lindbergh Field Wednesday, 4pm

Any idea who owns this or what it is doing? From under the landing pattern for
San Diego's International Airport, we watch dozens of airliners and corporate
jets gliding down to land. Occasionally, someone comes in all cocked up and we
joke about, "Airport is over THAT way!" Rare, though - its mostly a conveyor
belt of Southwest Airlines jets passing over to land about 2 miles away. The
exceedingly rare sound of a radial is enough to turn my head to look up and a
B-26K, white and silver with white tip-tanks, came over just looking like a
million bucks. The sounds of the twin radials carried for miles and I bet more
than a few people looked up to see that old warbird pass. I'd love to see it at
an airshow but its a new one to me.

v/r
Gordon
USN SAR

Donate your memories - write a note on the back and send your old photos to a
reputable museum, don't take them with you when you're gone.