Old November 5th 08, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Wanttaja

Default News server and software

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 20:41:50 -0800 (PST), Kobra wrote:

Flyers,

My ISP (comcast) just discontinued it's usenet service. How do most
of you get on the newsgroups if your ISP does not provide newsgroup
service? I am now in Google Groups using internet explorer. It's
really clunky compared to using Outlook Express.

The threads are not held together and I can't filter those I don't
want to see posts from. Can anyone help me?

I was also affected by Comcast quitting newsgroups. The fastest solution is to
sign up with Giganews. It's not the cheapest option, but Giganews was providing
the newsgroups service to Comcast, so all you have to do is sign up and re-point
OE to look for the news on the new server.

Ron Wanttaja