Old April 11th 04, 06:21 PM
Kyle Boatright

"Skyking" wrote in message

"EDR" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Skyking
wrote:

I have a friend in Kingman,AZ who needs some help with
landing his RV-8. Is there anyone near Kingman who could help?
The person would need access to a dual control RV-8 as
the time is not flown off of his airplane yet.

You do not need another RV-8. A Citabria will do with a competent

instructor.

I don't believe that a Citabria flies anything like a RV-8.

I've got over 5000 hours in Stearmans and I wouldn't
check someone out in a Citabria and tell them that they
could fly a Stearman.

Thanks for your input anyway.

Skyking

As an RV-6 pilot, I agree with the Citabria recommendation. Citabria to RV
is a very easy tailwheel transition. Now, once you're off the ground, the
RV will be 80 mph faster and climb like a bat outta hell, but most people
don't have a big problem with those aspects of flying...

KB