Old May 6th 10, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Apis motorglider

On 5/5/2010 11:09 AM, Darryl Ramm wrote:
And for those Cobra trailers with hydraulic jacked ramps and heavy
motorgliders, I'd rather trust the hand cranked gears in my one-man
rigger or the person holding my wingtip than trust the hydraulic jack
with the weight of my motorglider while tweaking the jack height. I
slide in a triangular wooden block as a safety device under the ramp
scissors. If the jack fully collapses, I don't think the jack has the
leverage to jack up mu ASH-26E again.

I routinely lower my Cobra hydraulic ramp jack to the bottom to assemble
my ASH 26 E. It has no problem raising the fully assembled glider from
the bottom to the height needed to lower the gear. I've done that for
over 400 rig/derig cycles.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (netto to net to email me)

- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl

- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation Mar/2004" Much of what you need to know tinyurl.com/yfs7tnz